International exercise VOLCEX22
Estonian Environment Agency will participate in the international exercise VOLCEX22 that will take place on 17 Nov 2022 from 08:00 till 16:00 UTC. The exercise will simulate an eruption of volcano Pico del Teide, Spain, beginning on 14 Nov 2022.
A number of aircraft operators, Air Navigation Service providers, MET Watch Offices, NOTAM Offices, Regulators, Volcanic Ash Advisory Centres, international organisations and airports will participate in VOLCEX22.
Aims and objectives of the exercise are:
- test the effectiveness of the national procedures in accordance with the ICAO plan;
- test the effectiveness of local (organizational) volcanic ash contingency plans and/or procedures;
- exercise the origination, dissemination, reception and use of volcanic ash related aeronautical/meteorological information;
- exercise and evaluate EVITA;
- test transmission/dissemination of special air-reports on volcanic ash from aircraft;
- test cross-border SIGMET coordination.
Forecast data relating to Volcanic Ash Advisory (VAA), Volcanic Ash Graphic (VAG), volcanic ash concentration products and annotated satellite pictures will be posted on the VAAC Toulouse web page at http://vaac.meteo.fr/